Ascension in Eversoul is the main system of progression that both makes your characters (Souls) stronger and increases the maximum level they can achieve.
To enter the Ascension screen, head toward The Ark first - you can do it from the main lobby - and then press on the Ascend Soul tile. Once you do that, you will see this screen:
Before we actually do anything there, you need to know some important information about the character types available in Eversoul. There are three main ones:
- Common characters (white background - initial max level is 40). Honestly, they don't have any uses and we suggest to enable the option to automatically discard them after pulling them (you can do it in The Ark too). For the Dust obtained from discarding them you can purchase Rare/Epic Shards in the shop,
- Rare characters (blue background - initial max level is 60). You can use those in the early game, but their main role in Eversoul is to be Fodder for Epic characters,
- Epic characters (purple background - initial max level is 100). Those are the unique characters in Eversoul that will form the core of your team.
Also, each of the 3 character types has a limit on how far they can be ascended.
- Common characters can't be ascended at all past their initial rarity,
- Rare characters can be ascended to Legendary+ rarity.
- Epic characters can be ascended all the way to Transcended rarity.
And (I promise, this is the last information dump) there are two important terms you should know:
- Combining - when you fuse 2 same Epic characters into one, you combine them into an Epic+ character. So the moment you get 2 same characters from Epic rarity, you can combine them without worrying about messing something up.
- Combining also works for Rare characters, but there you need 3 copies of the same character - similar to the Epic combination, this is also a safe step, so do it every time you get 3 same Rare characters.
- Ascending - this happen when you fuse different characters with each other and here a lot of things can go wrong.
In short: combining = safe. Ascending = not safe
And this guide will help you navigate the Ascension, so you don't make any mistakes.
Now that we have the basic information out of the way, let's focus on the Ascension process itself. Since common characters can't be ascended, the Ascension pyramid starts from a rare character.
Rare > Rare+
This is a simple combination of 3 same Rare tier characters into a Rare+ one. You can safely use the auto-combination for this step.
Rare+ > Epic
This is an ascension of 3 Rare+ tier characters into a Epic one. You can safely use the auto-combination for this step as the AI in Eversoul is pretty smart and when there are multiple choices to combine Rare+ characters it picks the one you already have as Epic as the main one (so you can then instantly combine those two into Epic+). Still, just to avoid any mistakes in this step, verify the combinations picked by the Auto feature.
Epic > Epic+
This is a simple combination of 2 same Epic tier characters into a Epic+ one. You can safely use the auto-combination for this step.
Epic+ > Legendary
The first tricky step in the Ascension pyramid as you can massively hinder your progress. There are two mistakes you can make here:
- If you use a base Epic character as Fodder here. You should never do that. Never. It might be tempting to sacrifice an Epic+ you think is useless, but one day you will need it (either for Faction content or the character will get buffed) and you will regret Foddering it. So only use base Rare characters here that you ascended to Epic+,
- If you Ascend someone who you only have 2 copies of. The step after this will require you to have an Epic+ same character, so if you don't have it, you will be stuck there. Maybe for a long time if rng hates you.
This is why in the spots where you see the mystery character, you should only place Rare character that you Ascended to Epic+. And also only Ascend someone to Legendary for whom you have 4 copies of (so enough to make 2x Epic+ of that character).
And last thing - the mystery epic characters you use as Fodder must belong to the same faction that the Epic+ you want to raise belongs.
Legendary > Legendary+
And we're back to the easy stuff. Here you simply need an Epic+ copy of the character to Ascend it from Legendary to Legendary+.
This is the end of the road for base Rare characters, as they can't be raised past Legendary+ tier.
Legendary+ > Eternal
To reach Eternal tier, you need to raise a Rare character (from the same faction) all the way to this step. This will require a lot of Rare characters and it's a grind. Also, never use a base Epic character that you raised to Legendary+ to fodder here. Ever.
Eternal > Eternal+
Basically a repeat of previous step - you need another Legendary+ character from the same faction to Fodder here.
Eternal+ > Origin
To reach Origin, you need to combine the Eternal+ character with 2 Epic+ copies of her.
Overall, to raise an base Epic character to Origin you will need in total 8 copies of her.
This step isn't required as you won't increase the max level cap anymore. Still, you can combine the Origin character with Epic+ copies of her to make her even stronger, but the amount of stats you get from Transcending is was smaller compared to previous stages.
You can Transcend a character up to +5.
Angel and Demons
For Angel and Demons the Ascension path looks a bit different (because they have no fodder) and we will update this part of the guide with their path soon!
The max level a character can reach depends on its tier:
- Common - level 40
- Rare - level 60
- Rare+ - level 80
- Epic - level 100
- Epic+ - level 120
- Legendary - level 140
- Legendary+ - level 160
- Eternal - level 180
- Eternal+ - level 200
- Origin - level 240
Each character you ascend to Origin will add +5 levels to the max level you can reach.