Check out the Honkai: Star Rail PVP Draft mode
Do you want to challenge other players in Honkai: Star Rail? Look no further and try the Prydwen's PVP Draft Mode!
What is PVP Draft?
Born out of the desire to put your roster and favorite units to the test and see who can clear Memory of Chaos 10 the fastest Prydwen has created the Honkai: Star Rail Community Draft Game Mode. Find a friend and team up with each of you clearing one half of MoC 10 combine your scores and see if you can be quicker than your opponent!
Here's how it works:
- Two teams of two battle it out to see who can clear memory of Chaos 10 the fastest,
- Each team drafts a total of 8 units to construct 2 separate compositions (one for each player),
- One player on the team will clear Memory of Chaos 10 side 1 and the other will clear side 2. The team that clears both sides with the fewest cycles combined wins.
Before the battle starts when drafting here’s what you need to know:
- Both teams get an opportunity to ban two characters at different points of the draft for a total of 4 bans,
- Each team must pick 8 characters and use all of them in their compositions,
- Characters drafted by the opposing team cannot be drafted by your own team.
The Point System
Each team gets 30 points to spend on 5★ characters, signature Light Cones, their Superimpositions and Eidolons.
- All 5★ characters chosen cost 2 point,
- All 5★ signature Light Cones cost 2 point,
- Higher Superimpositions and Eidolons cost a variety of additional points depending on their power level,
- 4★ characters, Light Cones and Herta Store Light Cones do not cost points,
- But some, stronger, 4★ characters do cost points,
- For every 6 points under 30 a team’s final total is they have 1 total cycle subtracted off their score,
- For every 2 points over 30 an additional cycle is added to their final score,
- In the event of a tie in cycles the team with the lower point total wins.
Preparing for battle
After the draft is complete, Eidolons and Signatures have been tallied and the final cycle bonuses or penalties have been determined the 4 players will gear up their teams for Memory of Chaos 10 and begin battle!
If you want to see an example PVP draft look like, we recorded a video showcasing it (with guest commentary from MrPokke and Grimro):
Keeping things fun
Including as many as possible & keeping it fun
Honkai Star Rail is a game in which additional power is easily accessible by spending. Our goal with this mode was to ensure it was fun and playable by the largest number of players possible while still allowing you to use your favorites on your account within reason. As a result of this here are some guidelines for the mode we intend to aim to stick to.
- E0 and E1 characters point costs will be balanced with the intent to make them competitively fair,
- E2 and E3 character point costs will be balanced to be useable but impose a slight disadvantage,
- E4, E5 and E6 character point costs will be balanced to impose a severe disadvantage.
As the game mode continues to develop we will continue to try to keep things fair when it comes to eidolons, signature Light Cones and any exceptionally powerful characters but the goal is always to ensure as many people as possible can have fun.
Time and roster size
We feel quite confident that the best strategy to win currently is to use as few Eidolons and Signatures as possible to acquire cycle reductions to your final time.
However one large advantage that only time can solve though is how good the relics on your account are or how large a roster of characters you have access to. As we get more characters and people have more time to level them and farm relics we expect the playing field to even out between those who have just started and those who have played a long time or used stamina refreshes.
If you want to learn more about the point system and the specific balance of characters eidolons, expand the section below.
The Point System ruleset has been updated on 09.11.2023. Check the PVP discord for the list of changes.
Characters - balance adjustments
Because some characters Eidolons aren't as strong as others we decided to take a custom approach to the scoring system and deduct some points from the cost. And other way around too - if we think an Eidolon is much stronger then we increased its cost. This should make the draft point system more balanced.
Here's the meaning for the colors:
- Gray - default cost,
- Green - Eidolon cost has been reduced,
- Red - Eidolon cost has been increased.
Dan Heng • Imbibitor Lunae